An existing application of a weather station provided by ThingPulse was extended to provide new features and some fixes.
The new features include:
- Landscape Mode: This is particularly useful when the device will actually be touched occasionally (e.g. beside the bed) and therefore needing a more stable case.
- Automatic Screen Off: The screen can be configured to turn off after a specific time, and turn back on as soon as the display is touched. Transitions between on and off are implemented in a smooth way.
- Today's Temperature Trend: In landscape mode, the wind rose is replaced by a tempature trend for the next 15 hours.
- ESP32 TouchDown: This target hardware is now directly supported via a separate build environment for PlatformIO.
Fixes to the upstream version:
- Stable Time Display: The upstream version tended to skip a second now and then due to a display loop period of slightly longer then 1 second. This is fixed now.
Source Code Repository
The same in a nice wooden case: